A long-time women’s rights activist, a powerhouse, and the oldest serving Supreme Court Justice, Ruth Bader Ginsburg has a lot of accomplishments to celebrate this year in honor of her 82nd birthday. Beyond her fight for equal rights and legal victories, Ginsburg has adopted a savvy fan base and became her own much deserved Internet meme, the Notorious R.B.G. Here are a few of our favorite influential and swoon-worthy quotes from R.B.Q herself:
1. When she nailed the need for women’s leadership across all sectors.
2. When she championed reproductive freedom.
3. When she presented a monumental 35-page Hobby Lobby dissent.
4. When she defended the Voting Rights Act (after a 5am wake-up call) with the most perfect simile ever.
5. When she spoke out against money in politics.
6. When she predicted the future of marriage equality.
7. When she made history by becoming the first Supreme Court Justice ever to officiate a same-sex marriage.
8. When she shattered barriers for women’s education.
9. When she stated her vision for the future of the Supreme Court.
10. And when she found her true calling as a badass lady hero…
Okay, maybe she was referring to a “diva” as in a celebrated opera singer, but we are pretty sure Notorious R.B.G. is still the best diva to walk this earth. *gavel drop*
Cover image courtesy of Makers.